Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Sep 16, 2017

Feels Like Autumn at Allsorts

Good morning and happy Saturday! This week it's my turn to host a challenge over at the Allsorts challenge blog, and I chose the theme of "Feels Like Autumn". It's not officially Fall yet, and we're currently enjoying some beautiful summer weather here in Illinois, but you can definitely feel that Fall is on the way. I love the chilly mornings! Last weekend we took down the summer decorations and put up a few fall decorations. It did feel a little bit too early, but we were ready for a change. And I am sure Fall weather will be here really soon too!

I made two cards for today's challenge - and they both include apples. It's what I always look forward to most in fall - apple picking season! 


I used a cute Penny Black stamp for the first card. Image has been heat embossed and watercolored with Zig Clean color. 
The sentiment is also by Penny Black - a little wood mounted stamp that came in a package of stamps I purchased from Ebay. It is also heat embossed. I used a stitched Whimsy Stamps border die to cut the designer paper trim on the top of the card and I added a little apple charm with some jute twine to finish it off. 

On the next card I used a really old stamp by Stampin Up from the set "Feathered Hope". It's one of those sets that I just keep hanging on to but haven't used in ages. This was originally the stamp set I had in mind when I decided on the challenge theme. 
I heat embossed this image as well, and colored with Zig Clean Color. The grass around the basket of apples was then stamped using a stamp by Penny Black. I've made it a little bit rustic by distressing the edges and used the "canvas" background stamp (Stampin Up) on kraft paper. A button and twine finishes off this card. 

We have two prizes to give away this week, and I really hope you come join us. I think the theme is pretty simple, anything fall related works - fall colors, fall flowers or crops, a fall scene...

I'm happy to say that my neck/ upper back pain is just about gone and I am finally able to sleep through the night again - at least until my cat Thomas decides to wake up the house.

Hope you are all well and thank you so much for visiting!

9 comments:

brenda said...

Not one but two lovely Autumnal creation Ellie, I like the clean crisp design of the PB card but equally the lovely image with the birdie on the second. Many thanks for a lovely theme, one I really enjoy.

B x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous cards and theme Ellie. Love the sketch and cute image on the first card. The second is beautiful with it's textures. Lovely colouring on both.
Happy weekend;-))m

Marilyn said...

Two beautiful cards!!

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Ellie, love the tiny apple charm xxx

Amy Johnson said...

I think I still have this stamp! Such a cute card! Love what you did with this old image. Fall is here I'm afraid. Such a bittersweet season. Yesterday I started grilling around 5:00 and I couldn't believe at 7:00 it was dark out already...and my food still wasn't done! I guess I'm done grilling for the year cause I don't enjoy doing it in the dark! LOL!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhh these are gorgeous! I am LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh the hedgehogs are simply adorable
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Squirrel x said...

Both cards are gorgeous but I love the hedgies. Glad you are feeling better xx

Kathleen said...

Two fabulous cards Ellie, love the design of the first one and really lovely images on both cards.

Kath x